Some of my students have asked me to write about my favourite yoga leggings brands here.
With well over 100 pairs (I know, I know… really bad!) I actually don’t have one favourite brand. Instead there are a few brands that I am loyal to – they have never failed me. I’m always on the lookout for new brands too.
The most important features for me of best yoga pants are:
- Not see through – so many times you try the most amazing looking yoga pants, you bend forward, look in the mirror between your legs and see your underwear. So disappointing.
- Comfortable – 4-ways stretch, limited stitching (and if there is stitching it needs to stretch well too)
- High waist – being a fan of inversions, I like to keep the tummy covered, also when upside down! 🙂
- Breathable & fast drying
- Being able to stand the test of time without stretching or going see through.
Here are my top 5 brands:
- Dharma Bums
- First of all this brand is all about being ethical – Dharma Bums insists on an ethical code of conduct from the companies that make the product. Each Dharma Bum garment is made onshore in Australia and has the stamp of approval from Ethical Australia.
- They have several lengths available, but I always go for full length (27 inches inside leg, long enough for the tallest of yogis).
- Most beautiful prints ever 🙂
- They are made from a thin (great for a sweaty class), high performance fabric that feels really soft and nice against the skin.
- They have a four way stretch which means pants move with the body.
- The seams have a flat lock detailing for extra durability and comfort.
- They are moisture wicking, breathable and quick drying.
- High waistband for extra support.
- Yoga Leggs
- UK based brand – you buy from lovely ladies – Amanda and Bekki 🙂
- Those pants are made of high quality and very soft, supportive fabric (bit thicker than DB)
- Breathable, moisture-wicking and antibacterial fabric
- Yogaleggs are lightweight, silky soft and super comfortable.
- Made of stretch fabric which is drying super quick.
- Only£45 and for a 20% off use code thanks20 at the checkout
- I love their Salar pants – the fabric is quite thick, so may not be best for your super sweaty practice.
- Offer great support and quite strong comression
- Little hidden pocket but no zips (common in running pants, but for yoga best avoided)
- 4 way stretch – move with you through asanas!
- Great for wearing outside of the yoga studio 🙂
Enjoy the shopping 🙂